DUI Impact Program
The Benefits of the DUI Impact Program
• It is accessible to anyone via the Internet.
• No cost is incurred by local/state municipalities as the DUI offenders cover the costs.
• As a green program, it relieves the need for paper except as required for court files.
• It is time effective because it is online.
• The program promotes community volunteerism.
• It provides educational tools for changes in behavior.
• An online support community blog is readily available.
• The program can be used as a stand-alone program or in conjunction with a live victim impact program.
• It fits perfectly into diversionary programming.
• A multi-media follow-up program, Change by Choice, will be available as part of DUI Impact Program or as a separate complement to existing live victim impact/awareness programs
• The offenders pay for the program as part of their sentence requirements.
• Payment is made online.
• The course takes approximately 3 hours to complete.
• The course consists of a series of 11 stories, presented by real offenders and victims of DUI, followed by a series of multiple choice questions and written exercises.
• Completion of the program requires a score of 100%; the offender is provided the opportunity to correct any wrong answers before moving forward in the program.
• Upon successful completion of the DUI Impact Program, the offender and his or her Probation Officer and/or the Clerk of Court will receive a Certificate of Completion via email.